WORK PACKAGES ICS+ 2021-2023
The IN COMMON SPORTS + project will be developed over 3 years, and implemented in 6 EU Member States, with each WP having one or two designated partners responsible (leaders) for the successful implementation of its designated WP, with the active participation of the rest partners.
The project was divided into 8 Work Packages, each one with a final Intellectual Outcome (IO), except WP7 and WP8.This last WP’s will be transversal to the entire development of the project and the remaining WP's linked to the Intellectual Outputs in order to share responsibilities for all project partners. It is emphasized that Intellectual Outputs, despite being led by different partners, will have inherent contributions from all countries involved to ensure effective added value and promote mutual learning and the transfer of skills and competences between participating Member States.
To organize the six WPs directly linked to the project's results, there will be project management and coordination, as well as a communication and dissemination part (WP1 and WP2).
For each objective of the WP, tasks, deliverables, milestones, and intellectual results will be presented. In this project, intellectual results are defined as publicly available tangible products.
WP1 – PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMS I.O.1 - DATA COLLECTION AND REPORT
To design and report physical activity programmes for healthy older adults according to the data collection of innovative physical exercise programs adjusted to the territorial context of each partner country.
- T.1. Select the sources and determine the tools to be used for data collection in each country and literature review.
- T.2. To review literature and to collect data with the partners’ support in each country involved. (INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS)
- T.3. Analyse the data, produce useful information to implement in short-term training modules within the scope of WP3.
- T.4. Produce report on findings and use the data for planning and design an exercise program on physical activity for older adults.
- T5. Narrative review of physical activity programs for healthy older adults for each participating country
WP2 – ADAPTED SPORT AND TRADITIONAL GAMES I.O.2 - DATA COLLECTION AND REPORT
Data collection and create a manual on the most relevant adapted sports and traditional games from each Member State played by older adult.
- T.1. Elaboration of a registration form in which information related to adapted sports and traditional games played by the elderly in each country will be collected. (Milestone IO2.1)
- T.2. Literature review, visits to sports associations for the elderly and data collection with the partners’ support in each country involved. (Milestone IO2.2)
- T.3. Analyse the data collected to select the adapted sports and traditional games most played in selected countries. (Milestone IO2.3)
- T.4. An international database with data collected from partners, which will be made available in an open and free way for use by professional and scientific communities; (Milestone IO2.3)
- T.5. Creation of a manual based on the results (adapted sports and traditional games practiced by older adults) which will be released in each country and will be available in open online access. (Milestone IO2.4)
WP3 – PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMS I.O.3 – DESIGN, TEST AND IMPLEMENT
Design, test and validate a guideline/manual on intervention in aging based on the development of a systematic and progressive sports intervention tool and produce scientific output, including a physical training package, test protocols for coaches, mentors and sports coaches.
- T.1. Recruitment and Selection of participants in each country (Milestone IO3.1)
- T.2. Design the Testing Protocol - Develop a protocol for health-related physical fitness assessment of old age population with tests that are feasible and appropriate for this population and provide Short-term training module - To implement the testing protocol (1st PROJECT MEETING) (Milestone IO3.2)
- T.3. Physical fitness evaluation using the test battery set for that purpose May-June 2021/ May-June 2022/May-June 2023 (Milestone IO3.3)
- T.4. The selected group of elderly people will participate in a predetermined exercise plan twice a week, systematically (25 months and start in May 2021). The plan should be improved as a result of a dynamic feedback follow-up to improve the intervention. (Milestone IO3.4)
- T.5. Design the Training Protocol containing guidelines for physical activity programs and provide Short-term training module (WP1) - To implement exercise training protocol (2nd PROJECT MEETING) (Milestone IO3.5)
- T.6. Elaborate the Intermediate Reports - 2021 and 2022. (Milestone IO3.6)
- T.7.Final Report (Milestone IO3.7)
- T.8. Write paper: original scientific article based on a three-year intervention plan (Milestone IO3.8)
WP4 – ADAPTED SPORT AND TRADITIONAL GAMES I.O.4 – DESIGN, TEST AND VALIDATION
Inclusion in sport: Adapted sports and traditional games - designing, adapting rules and analyzing their impact as additional motivation for an active lifestyle in the scope of the "Olympics4all" competition.
- T.1. Identification of sports games that will be subject to adaptation and respective distribution by partners, according to determinants such as culture and traditional sports most popular in each country. (Milestone IO4.1)
- T.2. Preliminary design of the adapted game regulations - two per country (Milestone IO4.2)
- T.3. The selected group of elderly people will practice the adapted sports, systematically, contributing with suggestions for improving the regulation (for 25 months). (Milestone IO4.3)
- T.4. Short-term training modules - third and fourth international meetings (Milestone IO4.4)
- T.5. Hold sports events and competitions in each country to unify regulations and validate games (September 2021-2022-2023) (Milestone IO4.5)
- T.6. Application of two questionnaires (2022-2023) to test the impact of adapted and traditional sports games as a motivational factor for systematic physical activity in the elderly population (Milestone IO4.6)
- T.7. Creation of a unified regulation/ manual on adapted and traditional sports games and report according to the results obtained (Milestone IO4.7)
WP5 – REPORT ON NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY I.O.5 - NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
WP5 will be dedicated to deepening the knowledge on dietary habits of healthy elderly people in different countries and promote a healthy lifestyle that includes an healthy diet in addition to sport.
The activities will range from the collection and analysis of participants' nutritional habits to the dissemination of tips on healthy life style for healthy older people.
- T.1. Elaborate a questionnaire on nutritional habits of older healthy habits based on a literature review (MS IO5.1.)
- T.2. Submit the questionnaire to participants in each country
- T.3.Collect the questionnaires, analyse the data and produce a short paper (Milestone IO5.2)
- T.4. Discuss the results also with Local Heath Agency and experts to understand if and how we can improve elderly people's nutritional habits and collect the nutritional suggestions (Milestone IO5.3.)
- T.5. Produce a leaflet/mini-booklet about nutrition for healthy elderly (pills of well-being: sport activities and food) (Milestone IO5.4.)
- T.6. Produce a report about the nutritional habits of the healthy older adults involved in the project (Milestone IO5.5.)
WP6 – GUIDEBOOK AND TRAINING MODULE I.O.6 – OLYMPICS4ALL ONE-STOP TOOL
Designing a one-stop tool through a guidebook and a training module, containing training sessions, specific exercises, nutritional counselling, adapted sports and traditional games for the development of healthy lifestyles among the elderly based on at the "Olympics4all" event.
- T.1. Based on the general objectives of the project, the leader of this work package, with the support of the communication company, should define the content marketing strategy, the product design, and the means to be used, taking into account the different types of audience that are intended to be reached in the dissemination of this tool;
- T.2. Definition of a uniform graphic layout of the project, to be used in news, reports and other documents of the project through the different media;
- T.3. Collect the results from WP's / IO's 3, 4 and 5;
- T.4. Design the one-stop tool with the support of the communication company, and elaborate the supports that will be used for its dissemination, namely videos, guidebook, training course, etc;
- T.5. Make the one-stop tool "Olympics4all” available in open online access.
WP7 – COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION
In this WP, communication must be ensured in the internal and external level. On the one hand, transparent and continuous internal communication will ensure that partners will be kept fully informed about any development during the project.
2.1 Communication and Dissemination Plan
2.2 Communication and Dissemination Tools
2.3 Multiplier Sport Events
WP8 - PROJECT MANAGEMENT, QUALITY CONTROL AND FINAL REPORT
The aim of the management structure is to ensure the project is completed within defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints by clearly identifying the responsibilities for each members and group of the consortium, and by optimising communication between partners and leader partner.
- Organization of the Transnational Project Meetings (with the support of all partners)
- Financial management and accounting
- Progress and Final Reporting
- Quality Evaluation and Monitoring Plan