IN COMMON SPORTS +: FIT, FOOD AND FUN FOR ELDERLY!
The project IN COMMON SPORTS +: fit, food and fun for elderly! is based on the results of Intergenerational Olympics 2015 Project (560956-EPP-1-2015-1-EN-SPO-SNCESE) and IN COMMON SPORTS-INTERGENERATIONAL COMPETITION AS MOTIVATION FOR SPORT AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLE OF SENIOR CITIZENS 2018-2020 project(590543-EPP-1-2017-1-PT-SPO-SCP).
The study being developed under INCOMMONSPORTS project, whose results will be released this year, and the good practices in the field that ensured a greater dissemination to other territories, led the consortium of partners to deepen the study already developed and to consolidate the project through new and necessary approaches.
Based on the globally known fact that the world's population is ageing, with implications for all sectors of society, including public health,7 organisations from 6 EU countries presents the current project with the overall objective of increasing participation in sport and promoting healthy lifestyles among older people at grassroots level, especially in rural areas.
The main challenge is to strengthen and consolidate the factual basis of physical activity programmes for the elderly by adding 3 new areas: to study the impact and to create new adapted sports and traditional games for sports competitions/events and to gather new knowledge about people's attitudes and habits towards health, particularly those related to physical activity and unhealthy diets.
During 3 years, 6 Intellectual Outputs, 25 months of physical exercise sessions and 18 Sports competitions/events for about 500 elderly will be developed in the 6 countries where grassroots play an essential role and the healthy older adults are the Key actors and coproducers of the outputs.
In a glimpse, we will deliver a fully integrated turnkey programme "Olympics4all", ready to use, bringing new knowledge, to motivate healthy older adults to stay in sport and induce local, regional and national authorities to implement this project in a standardized way.
REPORT AND COLLECTION OF DATA - Reviewing the literature to obtain a better understanding on Physical Activity intervention among adults age 60 and older and identifying the existing adapted sports and traditional games for those with health limitations.
DESIGN, TESTING AND VALIDATION - Convert knowledge, experiencies and results of specific physical activity programs, adapted, sports and traditional games for the elderlyinto comprehensive and applcable recommendations.
REPORT ON NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY - To create a link between diet, exercise and quality-of-life issues.
GUIDEBOOK AND TRAINING MODULE - One-stop tool with training sessions, specific exercices, nutritional counseling, adapted sports and traditional games for the development oh healthylifestyles among the elderly based on at the "Olympics4all" event.
The project IN COMMON SPORTS -INTERGENERATIONAL COMPETITION AS MOTIVATION FOR SPORT AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLE OF SENIOR CITIZENS 2018 - 2020 is a collaborative partnership co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union. This project brings together five European countries and six organizations: Municipality of Vila Nova de Cerveira (Portugal), Municipality of Cesena (Italy), Viana do Castelo Polytechnic Institute (Portugal), University of Thessaly (Greece), Aksakovo Municipality (Bulgaria) and Zoldpont Association (Hungary) ensuring a European dimension and representing some of the countries with the lowest rates of sports practice and countries with high rates of ageing in the European Union.
Based on the results evidenced by the 2015 Intergenerational Olympics Project promoted by the Municipality of Vila Nova de Cerveira co-funded by the ERASMUS + programme (Not-for-profit European sport events) and the ageing challenges of the regions involved, the project aims, among other objectives, to expand the knowledge of the motivational factors for the continuous practice of physical exercise in the elderly population and the impact of the "Intergenerational Olympics“ on the physical and mental fitness of the elderly.
The project will develop the study "Physical Fitness and Cognitive Performance of the Elderly - Competition as an Additional Motivation for Promoting an Active Lifestyle" involving more than 350 participants from the five countries and the implementation of 15 "intergenerational Olympics" 500 senior participants. In addition, the project was designed to ensure participation and impact in local complementary organizations, such as social, voluntary, youth and sports associations, ensuring at least the involvement of 80 local organizations. During the project implementation, it is also expected to deliver two open educational resources related to this segment.
- Establish a transnational cooperation network, in the field of sport, between, local, regional, and national stakeholders to promote grassroots sport in the elderly and vulnerable groups, and to develop, identify, promote and share good practices;
- Carry out the longitudinal study “Physical fitness and cognitive performance of the aged population – planned competition as additional motivation for active life style”(1) in Portugal, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria and Hungary. This study intends to:
- assess the impact of a sport competition in the participants, and analyse the association between physical activity level, physical fitness and cognitive performance of the elderly in, at least, 5 countries;
- investigate the impact of additional events such as “intergenerational games” on physical fitness status and healthy life style, on aged population;
- understand the motivation for systematic physical activity on aged population;
- examine the exercise-related changes on cardio-metabolic markers for health, on aged population;
- create int rgenerational links for social inclusion;
- drive and contribute to the development of more effective health promotion policies and strategies.
- Test and implement the concept of Intergenerational Olympics as tool for integration vulnerable groups in sport Italy, Greece, Bulgaria and Hungary;
- Creation of a guide with the survey of good local practice of physical activity programs for senior citizens – Disseminate this guide in local private and public organizations with all the information and tools necessary for their replication;
- Design of physical activity programs adjusted to the critical parameters of physical fitness detected in the study in order to prevent loss of functional mobility that affects the quality of life, loss of autonomy and independence of the elderly people.
WORK PACKAGE IMPLEMENTATION EVOLUTION
WP1-Project management and transnational coordination
WP2 -Communication and dissemination
WP3-Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Control
WP4-STUDY “Physical fitness and cognitive performance of the aged population”
WP5-Collection of best practices and development of the guide”
WP6-Test and implement the concept of Intergenerational Olympics
Some facts os the IN COMM SPORTS Performance..
Hours Of Trainning